Updated: May 23, 2016
Study abroad in Barcelona
Ever dreamed of living abroad? Well, now's your chance. This fall, Foothill's Campus Abroad Program is traveling to Barcelona, Spain. For 10 weeks, students will live and study in Spain's second-largest city, home to world-famous museums and beaches. The program costs $5,995 and includes housing, tuition, guided tours, and a travel pass. Financial aid and scholarships are available.
Students will take Foothill classes from Foothill instructors, taught in English in the American Institute for Foreign Study Center in central Barcelona. Regular tuition fees for Foothill are not included in the student fee.
Barcelona is one of the most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities in the world, and the second largest city in Spain with a population of approximately 1.7 million. It is a renowned center of art, music, and architecture (including the amazing Basilica La Sagrada Familia, one of the instantly recognizable and iconic architectural triumphs in the world).
Also Barcelona is one of the oldest cities in Europe, dating back to Roman times, and in addition to all the cultural attractions, has one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe.
Program fees include:
- Housing in student apartments in central Barcelona with shared access to a fully equipped kitchen, living room area and bathroom facilities. Laundry facilities are available. Note: Students also have the option of staying in a double room with another AIFS student in a homestay with daily breakfast and dinner Monday to Friday.
- Travel pass for use on the underground trains in the central zone of Barcelona for the duration of the program.
- An orientation program in Barcelona consisting of an orientation meeting with experienced AIFS staff with essential safety and root."/spring2016 information, cultural differences and travel workshop, student information packet including comprehensive student handbook and local area information.
- A welcome reception and half-day sightseeing tour of Barcelona by private bus with the services of a professional English-speaking guide including entrances to the Sagrada Familia Basilica.
- One classroom available for faculty use for 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday at the AIFS Study Center.
- Barcelona Art Ticket - a museum pass which includes entrance to 6 major art museums in Barcelona including the Picasso Museum and the Contemporary Art Museum of Barcelona.
- A cultural calendar of activities including a flamenco show, tapas tour, a guided tour of the Barrio Gotic; visit to Gaudi's Park Guell and the Mercat de la Boqueria food market.
- A guided day trip to Montserrat to visit the historic shrine and monastery and spectacular mountain scenery and the former fishing village of Sitges. Includes round trip transportation by train and English-speaking guide.
- A guided day trip to Gerona, a walled city of Roman origin and Besalu, a beautiful medieval village of stone houses and squares. Includes round trip transportation by private bus and English-speaking guide.
- Access to the wireless-enabled AIFS Student Center and the services of an experienced AIFS Program Coordinator for information, advice and 24-hour emergency contact service.Access to the student computer lab located in the AIFS Study Center with free email, printing and Internet facilities.
- A farewell dinner.
Airline tickets are not include in the $5,995 fee. Students will have the option of discounted group airline rates for travel to and from Barcelona from San Francisco. This is not included in the student fee, as many students choose to make their own arrangements for travel. A single roundtrip ticket to Barcelona from SFO currently costs around $1350.
Why Study Abroad?
- Understand and appreciate other cultures as well as your own. By immersing yourself in a different culture you can enrich your future, broaden your horizons, and come back home with new goals.
- Gain a global education. Studying abroad enables you to gain a global perspective as it provides valuable insights into how other peoples work and live.
- Learn a Foreign Language. Language study abroad provides an unparalleled opportunity for attaining fluency in a foreign language.
- Expand your career potential. You will gain a competitive edge that future employers will recognize in a society which is becoming increasingly international in scope.
- Earn academic credit. Studying abroad means a rewarding experience filled with adventures, fun and memories - all while earning college credit.
For more information, or to be placed on the program mailing list, contact Administrative Liaison Mark Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Heights Home